Monday, April 2, 2012

What’s up with Soy?
Lately I’ve notice that more and more people are asking for and buying soy products. Soy milk, soy burgers, soy nuts…..
If it’s because of an intolerance to dairy, or that a person wants to reduce or eliminate meat from their diet….I suppose I get that.
But…did you know that mock meat has been compared to processed deli meats and sausage? This is due to the fact that tofu is highly processed.
Did you know that soy milk is very (and I stress very) high in sugar? This product too, is highly processed.
Sun chips and soy nuts are touted as healthy. Did you know that these snacks are not only highly processed but nutritionally deficient and usually packed with refined (trans) fat?
My point here is not to bash soy products…my point today is to bring to your attention, that highly processed foods are not what nature intended. BUT, by being educated about the products we buy and use – and by applying the concept of moderation to our diets, we can live a healthier and leaner life. And that’s what it’s all about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment