Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Keeping it Real

As a fitness professional, I am approached by many companies to promote and sell their supplements/energy drinks/meal replacement shakes.......etc.
I am sure their products taste good and I'm equally sure there is a demand for such products. However, these products are not representative of my business, what I want my clients to do for weight loss and what I do personally for weight maintenance.
I am of the belief that we need to eat real food, every day. I believe we need to eat 6 times a day. I also believe that we need to dramatically reduce the amount of junk food and soft drinks we ingest. We need to drink plenty of water every day. And we need exercise in our life.
I am not a purist. I do not personally subscribe to any one particular method of diet or exercise. I do however know what works for me and my body. I also know that I will not drink a meal replacement shake for the rest of my life. Chances are good though, that I will be eating eggs for many years to come. So doesn't it make sense to learn what works using real food along with regular exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment